Your vote counts!
Democracy does not work the way it is supposed to if the people don't vote. That is why we, at the library, encourage everyone to learn where and how to register, and to speak your voice at the voting box.
So what can you do?
- Making registering to vote part of your 18th birthday celebration.
- Encourage your friends and family to register to vote.
- Host a Rock the Vote Registration Drive at school.
- Be aware of election dates.
- Understand current issues
- Get your news from multiple sources - don't rely on one news source for your information.
- Do not rely on social media for news. Always check the facts.
- Ballotpedia is a great source for nonpartisan (not biased) voting news.
- Search your library for books on activist topics.
- Play iCivics for free to understand basic rights and laws.
- Know where your voting polls are on election day.
- Download GeauxVote App for up-to-date info on voting registration, elections, voting times and dates, and to see sample ballots!